Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Rakhadi Baba



I recently read a book about a great saint known as Rakhadi baba. I saw his picture number of times in our temple (at safilguda) and know that he is a disciple of Sri Nityananda Bhagawan of Ganeshpuri but till recently that was the only thing I knew about him. Then my cousin gave a book about Rakhadi baba to me and the book is fascinating to say the least.

Rakhadi baba was born in a poor family and left his home in his childhood searching for a living. He worked in a hotel for some time and after the pull to search for a guru became strong he went to Sri Nityananda Bhagawan Ashram. When Nityananda asked him what he can do he says “I can fight and I can eat and I can eat to fight and I can fight to eat”. Nityananda gave him the monastic name Omkarananda but he became famous as rakhadi baba because of his habit of smearing ash from the homagundam all over his body. Ash in Hindi is rakh and he became famous as rakhadi baba.

I was fascinated by his single minded devotion to his guru and of course by his appearance. Rakhadi baba stayed till around mid 1970’s at Nimboli near Ganeshpuri and after that he left his ashram and now a days he is considered to be living in somewhere in Himalayas around Himachal Pradesh. There are some people who are blessed with his darshan. (His appearance is remarkable and when I saw the photograph on the book I was completely floored).

When I told my cousin that how great it will be to find a guru like him he said one thing. “It will be easier for You being an Indian to become President of USA than to find a guru like Rakhadi Baba”. Well hoping that I will be able to meet him one day to take his blessings.

I attached some photos of Rakhadi Baba to this blog so people can see how wonderful his appearance is.

11 comments:

  1. What is the name of the book about Rakhadi baba. I like to read, please refer.. thanks Ram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. one Telugu version Rs200/about Sri Rakhadi Baba- available at Sai Sevasram, Seri Lingam Palli, BHEL, Hyderabad Tel 040 23033800, Mob 94409 80500. or at Datta Shketram, Kuruvapuram (Kurugadda) Maktal, Mahboob Nagar Dt

      Delete
  2. Thanks for posting. I get chills when I see His picture. Why?

    ReplyDelete
  3. well u have posted a very rare photo. thank u

    ReplyDelete
  4. OM NAMAH SHIVAYA
    1008 Pranams beloved brother ... so happy to read your blog about RAKKADI BABA ... Yes a so great and blissful SOUL ... He has for disciple SADGURU POORNANANDA of SUNNIPENTA near SRISAILAM , very nice and powerful ashram with a very big picture of RAKKADI BABA ... See this blog :
    http://poornananda.blogspot.fr/2012/04/sri-sadguru-poornananda-swami-gallery.html?zx=479efc25faeb7dda
    Visit also my site : www.sonagiri.org and my blog :
    http://sonagiriji.blogspot.fr/
    Alas in french ( this body live in France ) , but you can write on the blog in english , no problem ... If you want write on RAKKADI BABA with some pictures it is a grace ... Thanks so much ... Welcome !
    Love and blessings to you and your family ,
    sonagiri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pranams to Sonagiri Swamiji! Thrilled to see your posting in this blog. As your Holiness is aware that Bhagavan Nityananda is having many disciples, but he loves 'RAKHADI BABA" more than anybody else and he calls him as 'AGHORA'. Rakhadi Baba's one and only disciple is our Guru Swami Poornananda of Srisailam. You may please visit Ashram site http://www.swamipoornananda.org/ With the divine grace of Swamiji, I could write some songs in Telugu on Swamiji, which you may please download. http://archive.org/details/SriPoornanandamBhajamyaham
    http://archive.org/details/MahadguruStotraManjari

    You are humbly invited to join devotees face book group
    also. https://www.facebook.com/groups/devotees.swamipoornananda/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good narration on Shri Rakhadi Baba Shri Ekkirala Bharadwaj Master wrote a small account regarding Shri Rakhadi Baba and published under title "Nenu Darshinchina Mahatmulu" Series No. I. I am lucky to visit Anasuashram (where Rakhadi Baba lived near Ganeshpri) several time, when I worked at Mumbai. A small, but, beautiful temple dedicated to Shri Rakhadi Baba has been built there. There are three hot water springs near the Ashram. Tirupati Swamy (disciple of Shri Poornananda Swamy) lives in a small buidling near the temple,(constructed where Rakhadi Baba used to lit fire). ==M A MURTY==

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pls check this Video for Shri Rakhadi Baba's Anasuya Ashram at Niboli - Ganeshpuri. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ALVOeJJ_tU

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is the exact title of rakhadi baba book, please tell me. Is there any PDF of the book.please share the link. Am very anxious to read the book. From mnt days I was in search is there Amy book of sree rakhadi maharaj. But today I came to know there is the book. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete